November 23, 2019

Massive downvotes in SE.AI

The website https://ai.stackexchange.com/ is the largest online forum about Artificial Intelligence in the internet. It's parr of the stackexchange network and has around 150 users who are posting questions and answers. Recently, my user account on this website was downvoted by pressing the downvote button and by textual comments. According to the comments, i spread wrong information about Artificial Intelligence. My first idea was to discuss the problems in the chat section of the website itself. But this increased the conflict further. The next strategy is to ignore the SE.AI and post the answer here in my own blog.

Here is my response to the received downvotes:

Instead of analyzing if a certain action makes sense or not the more elaborated question is to predict the outcome of a system. For me, SE.AI is some kind of underactuated system. The task is to predict what the other users, and especially the admins will do next. According to the known information, it's unlikely that the current admin or a future admin will ban my user account. The reason is, that I'm active for nearly 2 years and have received over 300 upvotes from other users.

On the other hand, it's possible that in the future a new frontline is available. For example if the group of elected admins decides to ban the user with the highest amount of received downvotes, then my user account will become under fire, because according to the latest stats this constraints is fulfilled. The probability that this will happen in reality is estimated with <10%. If my user account gets banned, I'm not allowed to increase my reputation on this website. A possible attempt to build an alternative Artificial Intelligence forum from scratch will fail, because SE.AI is the only one who is available in the Internet. What can i do instead is to create a remote comment. This kind of strategy is working by answering a question not on a website itself, but in the own blog and put the URL to the original post in the blog post as well.