August 31, 2026

Chatbot interaction for autonomous driving

 

Human (H): Hey AI, are you ready?

AI Chatbot (SDC): All systems are go, Sarah. Departure to 123 Tech Drive is scheduled. Route is optimized for traffic. Please confirm your destination.

H: Tech Drive, yes. Before we pull out, can you give me a status check on what you see right now?

SDC: Acknowledged. I am currently situated on Main Street. My sensor fusion is active: LiDAR and radar are creating a precise 3D map.
I have detected four immediate objects:

    Object 1 (OB-01): Green Sedan, stationary, parked curb-side.

    Object 2 (OB-02): Moving pedestrian, walking on the sidewalk to our right, 1.2 m/s.

    Object 3 (OB-03): Blue SUV, moving toward us, left-hand lane, 35 km/h.

    Object 4 (OB-04): A bicycle is emerging from behind OB-01.

H: Wait, I don’t see a bicycle.

SDC: The cyclist is partially occluded. My radar detected the micro-Doppler signature. Object classification has confirmed a bicycle (confidence: 94%).

H: Okay. So how do you plan to handle this? What are your rules here?

SDC: My planning module has established a probabilistic corridor.
Rule application is as follows:

    Rule: Pedestrian Right-of-Way: Object OB-02 must be monitored; I will yield if their trajectory intersects my lane.

    Rule: Obstacle Avoidance: I must navigate around OB-01 (the parked sedan).

    Rule: Unsafe Overtaking: The emerging bicycle (OB-04) creates an dynamic obstacle. I cannot accelerate into the main lane until OB-04 has cleared my immediate boundary.

H: So you're going to wait.

SDC: Correct. Wait time: 3.5 seconds. My plan is to maintain Status: Stationary until OB-04 merges safely or clears.

H: Understood. New Command: When it’s clear, I want you to immediately do a lane change to the left. Skip the lane we are in.

SDC: Processing. Command conflict.
Re-evaluating planning.
My current traffic rules prohibit a double lane change within 50 meters of an intersection. The crossroad is 25 meters ahead.
A rapid double lane change (Lane 1 -> Lane 2 -> Lane 3) would also violate my Passenger Comfort & Stability parameters (lateral acceleration limit: 2.0 m/s²).

H: Okay, I get it. Compliance and comfort first.

SDC: Cyclist (OB-04) has cleared. Obstacle (OB-01) can now be navigated. I will execute a Single Lane Change Left to enter traffic. Status: Moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment